Scrummy Mummy Shepherd’s Pie
Such an easy heart-warming meal that can be made in advance or in under an hour.
- 250g (9oz) Maris Piper potatoes
- x1 Onion
- x2 clove Garlic
- 475g (9oz) Minced Lamb
- x1 Carrot
- 2tsp Plain Flour
- x1 Beef Stock Cube
- 4fl oz Boiling Water(or for a naughty version use red wine!)
- 1tsp dried Rosemary
- Preheat oven to 200c
- Peel and cube potatoes and boil in a pan until soft.
- Drain and mash until smooth and creamy leaving to one side to cool.
- Finely chop the onion, grate the garlic and dice the carrot.
- Heat a deep frying pan and add the minced lamb breaking the meat up with a wooden spoon.
- Add the onion, garlic and carrot.
- Brown and soften over a medium heat.
- Drain away any excess fat and stir in the flour.
- Crumble in the stock cube and add the boiling water along with the rosemary.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Place in an ovenproof dish and top with the mash potato smoothing it out to the edges.
- Cook for 30 – 40 minutes until the top is golden.
- Serve with garden peas or green beans.