Easter Mini Egg Cookie Dough
Lockdown has got me baking raving mad!
Such a quick and easy recipe, plus it keeps for a week in a tin, (that is unless you eat it all before then!)
- 275g Plain Flour
- 1tbsp Cornflour
- 1tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of salt
- 115g Butter or Marg
- 55g Granulated Sugar
- 135g Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Medium Egg
- 300g Mini Eggs
- 100g White Chocolate Chips (or dark or milk)
- Preheat oven to 190c
- Line a square baking tin (9×9) with baking paper and set to the side
- Add plain flour, bicarb of soda, salt and cornflour into a mixing bowl
- In a second bowl mix together the melted butter and add both the sugars until the sugars have dissolved (an electric whisk usually works best).
- Add the egg and vanilla extract, whisking until you have a smooth mixture.
- Now it’s time for the dry ingredients plus the mini eggs and chocolate chips (keep a handful for the top of the dough).
- Mix everything together with a wooden spoon or spatula. The mixture will become thicker until it becomes cookie dough.
- Put the mixture in to the baking tin and press down to fill up to the edges and level.
- Take a handful of the mini eggs and chocolate chips and press on top for decoration.
- Bake in the oven for around 20 minutes or until the top of the dough looks golden and dry.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes then remove and leave to cool fully on a wire rack.
- You can serve this up still warm (utterly gorgeous and very naughty with a dollop of vanilla ice cream) or leave to cool and cut up in to square pieces to enjoy with a brew!
Totally and utterly scrummy and such an easy treat to make with the kids!